Manasamitra is committed to bringing South Asian art to as many people as possible. This is why we have a specific community engagement, education and participation programme.
Here’s a list of some of the things we’re currently working on or have done before:
- Bespoke Indian music and dance workshops in schools or the community.
- Arts and Health activity, like our 4×4 project with Cape UK and the NHS delivering specialist opportunities for learning disabled adult groups in Kirklees.
- Working with local female recent migrants to create storytelling installations.
- Running Bollywood taster sessions in town halls.
- Facilitating local people at Yorkshire Sculpture Park to make rangolis (Indian floor murals).
- Street theatre in Batley town square.
- Facilitating inner-city schools to perform Indian music and dance at Harewood House and the Royal Armouries, Leeds.
- Indian cookery workshops.
- Master classes for students and professional practitioners.
- Stimulating and enriching post-show discussions with creative teams and performers.
We are always looking for new and exciting ways to connect with people.
If you would like to take part in events like these or would like Manasamitra to create a workshop, project or event specifically for you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 01924 694 192.
Music and arts with Manasamitra in Yorkshire
Things to see
Lullaby, Shivoham and Rudra
In schools, community, health
How you can help