LULLABY – SONIC CRADLE was a new performance developed from a contemporary musical exploration of night time sounds interspersed with lullabies from India. In this touring production, performances were underscored by a unique soundscape, created from the songs, lullabies and stories collated from community workshops in each area.
This Arts Council England supported project included a series of residencies in Gateshead, York, Middlesbrough and Eastleigh, during which company members meet and share night time traditions and songs. Using our unique ‘Lullaby Booth’ format, Manasamitra will create a collaborative sharing space for the community groups with whom we work.
The company toured to:
- The Sonophilia Festival, Lincoln
- Sage Gateshead, Gateshead
- Wigmore Hall, London
- Sound Festival of New Music; Aberdeen
- Middlesbrough Town Hall, Middlesbrough
- Settle Victoria Hall, Settle
- National Centre for Early Music, York